Thursday, January 02, 2014

Unexpectedly Expecting




So leading up to the Festive Season holiday, I found myself at my GP as I had contracted some sort of stomach virus and from what I thought was a 24 hour bug/virus turned into a week-long bug and I had just about had enough using the loo and being bent over my bed crying at 3am with the most excruciating stomach pain and poor Wayne not knowing what to do to help.

So my GP started by asking how she could help and what seemed to be the problem, you know the usual and I explained, she then examined me, asked me to please give her a urine sample to do a urine test. I am prone to severe bladder infections which usually leads to kidney infection which could perhaps explain what was going on with me. Sitting at her desk, in the patients chair, my back to her, I heard her go…"OH" and as I turned to face her she said, with the biggest smile on her face " Congratulations you pregnant"...I think I nearly died...I first stared at her for what felt like a lifetime trying to register if I had heard her correctly, and then I burst into tears with 1001 things running through my mind!

She consoled me. I felt so foolish but that news was something I was NOT expecting nor was I prepared for and being caught totally off guard like that, all I could think was no ways, so much so that I looked at her and said, “ Are you SURE SURE”, so she went over to the basin again and showed me the stick with two bright pink lines and asked if I now believed her, the tears started to flow again…how could it be?!

I left the GP totally dazed and confused and burst into tears in my car…what now was the thought in my mind, I decided to go straight to Pathcare before I even told Wayne as I wanted to be SURE,SURE! They drew blood and said the test results would be ready by 5pm, OMG I had to wait 6 hours for the results…KILL ME NOW! The rest of my day was ruined, I watched the clock, all 6 hours passed by at a painful snail pace until it was time to go back to collect the results. In those 6 hours so much ran through my mind, how, why, what now, I’m only 30, I am not ready, the list is endless. It sounds terrible but I am the type of girl who plans it all and it all needs to be in order, The boyfriend, the engagement, the wedding, then babies…how could this be happening to me.

Anyway to cut a LONG sob story short I got the results and Yip I sure was pregnant, a whole 3 weeks, hence the reason I never expected anything as my periods are never on time anyway.

3 weeks pregnant :)





I stressed about how I would tell Wayne, by this time I had told my mom and she was over the moon but who is to say that I would get the same reaction out of Wayne?! I got Wayne to come over to my house that evening and I handed him an envelope with the following inside:





His hands shook holding the envelope and I think he could see the tears welling up in my eyes and probably had some sort of idea, I was so scared as to what his reaction was going to be, he opened the envelope, looked at what was inside and said, “I guess this means you pregnant, WOW..I need a cigarette” When he came back he told me how excited he was, he just needed time to process the information and idea of him being a dad.

So it turned out everyone was over the moon while I wasn't too sure what I was feeling. Fast forward 2 days, the cramps got worse and my GP sent me for a scan to make sure it wasn’t an ectopic pregnancy. At the scan we got to see that all was ok and “baby” (at that moment literally only a gestation sac,nothing much going on as it was early days) had implanted itself in the right spot and not in my tubes as they suspected, so the pain I was having was a total mystery. 



I was then told to schedule a scan with my Gynae and he wanted to see me fairly soon after my first scan and before he went on leave,  just to make sure everything was ok. So we have gone for a scan and heard the babies heart beat,over 160bpm, sounded like a train lol! We got tears in our eyes, what a special moment and let’s just say I definitely started to feel better about it all but then I started to worry,as I always do…what if everything wasn’t ok, what if I miscarried..lol..stressed Eric.


First scan at the Gynae, looks more like a mouse to me.





Needless to say Wayne has been great through it all, patient, loving, I get tea in bed, foot massages you name it and the biggest thing of all is he has put up with my mood swings the last few weeks and boy have they been BAD....Poor Wayne. I am so thankful to have a man like him in my life!

So there you have it, WE ARE PREGNANT  and so excited! It has finally sunk in and I am over the moon! I never thought after all the heartache I have been through that I would ever get my fairytale ending…now I have it and I am SO grateful!

Our next scan is scheduled in 4 weeks time and I will keep you all posted as the weeks go by. I have started training again as I feel better, the first few weeks I felt terrible but I am sure there are other pregnant women who have it way worse so I am not complaining!

More exciting posts to follow!

Eeeeek I am going to be a mom and my baby daddy is going to be a dad…I still cannot believe it!

Baby Loxton COMING SOON!