Friday, March 18, 2016

Mr & Mrs Loxton


On Friday March 11, 2016 at 16h25...

I finally became MRS LOXTON at our beautiful wedding venue, Kleinevalleij in Wellington.


Our "love story" isn't your conventional love story of boy meets girl, they get engaged, get married, move in together and have babies etc.. we didn't exactly do things in the correct order but we wouldn't change any of it for the world!

The year leading up to our wedding day was extremely stressful with Wayne changing careers and financial stress at an all time high. We considered postponing the wedding before sending the invites out but decided against it because our wedding day wasn't supposed to be about the type of wedding we could afford. Our wedding day should be about the love the two of us share and the fact that family and friends dear to our hearts get to witness that love and that is all that matters.

That is exactly what we got, well way more than that actually- the day was absolutely magical, windy as hell but magical, love filled the air. I had all my girls dear to my heart around me getting ready (ok not all but most of them) and Jade from JC Events pulled off an amazing setting with the decor, flowers and on the day coordination. She is amazing and if it wasn't for her I might have had a mild breakdown leading up to the wedding.

There were one or two hiccups but only I as the bride will know about those and what wedding is a wedding without some hiccups, like the Best man forgetting the rings at the guesthouse and having to race like Schumacher past me on my way to the wedding venue to go and fetch them...I was surprisingly calm about this and laughed it off.

Waiting to walk down the aisle I started to tear up the minute I caught a glimpse of Wayne. I held my dads arm tightly and wiped away the tears.As we started to walk down the aisle to Christina Perri's  "A thousand years" I thought I would ball my eyes out but to my amazement I couldn't stop smiling. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. I was finally getting to marry the man of my dreams.

It is true that...

"Every once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...LOVE gives us a Fairytale."


Below you can view all the photos of our special day...