Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The dreaded “C” word



Source of image

Yes that is correct ladies I am referring to CELLULITE…being a rather “big” girl my entire life and suffering with a weight problem for most of it, cellulite is something I have suffered with too.

"Oh, I SO enjoy that orange peel ripple effect down the back of my leg"…Said NO female ever!

No offence to anyone but even some of the thinnest woman I have seen have cellulite and ladies please do not be fooled by the pictures you see in Magazines…even Kim Kardashian sports that ripple effect! It is amazing what photoshop can do!


Every person is different but it seems though that my cellulite has doubled since that GP told me "Surprise you're pregnant" and it got me thinking WTfffffffff....


SO,after some research I have come across the following:

What is cellulite?
It is fat that collects in "pockets" under your skin. Collagen fibres that connect your fat to your skin can stretch, break down or pull tight,allowing the fat cells to bulge out - this then gives you cellulite or should we say that dimpled orange peel effect.

Aaaahhh - women are more likely to have cellulite than men, due to having more body fat that men - AWESOME!

Where is cellulite located?

It tends to be on the hips, thighs and your ass mostly but it can pretty much appear anywhere on your body, like on your arms, your stomach and even your knees.

What causes Cellulite?

There are too many factors to mention but some of them are genetics, diet and hormones...

SIGH...so I guess due to weight gain and hormones during pregnancy you may appear as if you have loads more cellulite than normal ( that totally explains it). They say after you have recovered from labour and birth you need to sort out your diet and exercise, drink loads of water and lose weight at a steady rate, yo-yo dieting may just make your cellulite worse.

I have found in the past though, eating clean and exercising definitely decreased my cellulite. So there you have it ladies, suck it up for now while you pregnant and tackle it in the postpartum period. ( That is of course if you are not part of the fortunate ladies who do not get such things as cellulite or stretch marks etc. there are a handful of you and I really envy you.)