Sunday, March 16, 2014

I am pregnant, I am not dying!

Finding out I was pregnant was a real shock to my system and I was a massive bag of mixed emotions and cried for most of two weeks. You see I have always wanted children but this wasn't planned and I felt like I wasn't ready  to give up my care-free life I had lived up until then.

Most people who have children will be the first to tell you ~ " A baby changes everything"

  • No more staying out until 4am at a friends birthday party
  • No more making spontaneous plans
  • No more getting drunk on a Sunday at Caprice
But I am sorry I am determined not to lose all of the fun parts of my life thanks. I am well aware that I will have to take precautions and make some changes when it comes to certain things but I feel having a baby or being pregnant shouldn't be a death sentence...should it?!

The reason for this post it that it bothers me that when I want to do something simple like pick up a piece of paper off the floor I am faced with reactions that make it seem like I have some form of major disability. I am perfectly fine people, I am not dying, the only difference to a few months back is that I now have a baby growing in my belly. The way some people react you swear I was about to bungy jump as opposed to simply bending over.

I personally find it rather ridiculous and somewhat insulting.

I feel pregnancy doesn't mean your life has to stop and that you should wrap yourself in bubble wrap, sit on the couch watching your favourite TV series while eating a box of Lindt day in and day out or that you should be concerned with the crap that EVERYONE is going to try tell you or enforce on you.

Everyone's pregnancy is different but pregnancy in itself is a blessing, something that should be embraced with the love of life not only for the baby but the mother as well and pregnant woman shouldn't be treated as if it is the end of her life!

So pregnant ladies....if you want to:

  • Travel - then travel
  • Run a 5km - then run a 5km
  • Gym - then gym
  • Go hiking - then go hiking
As long as you are more cautious, then what is the problem?!

I AM PREGNANT, I AM NOT DYING!

Please don't treat me as if I am...