Monday, May 12, 2014

The Lil Loxton Bump ~ Week 30

This week I welcome myself to the BIG 30!

Dear Baby Loxton,

We have made it to 30 weeks my Lil guy! Whoohoo, this feels like a massive achievement...another 10 to go but hey who is counting....ME! I am so excited to meet you.

Enough about that though, this week got me thinking about what a blessing you are. I know I have said this a thousand times over but what I mean is, you have given everyone, not only me a new sense of life!

You have gotten your dad doing handyman work (and he said he wasn't that good at it, not sure who he was trying to fool). Your great grandmother is knitting after who knows how many years. Your grandmother has taken her sewing machine out and has made pillows for your room, I haven't seen her sew since I was young. Your grandfather has helped put your shelves up and assembled your cot and I haven't seen him do anything but sit on a chair for the last year, he has had no motivation to do much since the cyst started developing on his brain.

Your dad and I sat this week and spoke about a lot of things but one of the topics were we wonder how it will be when you are here or even how you will be, your personality etc.

My boy, you have changed everyone's life and for the better and you haven't even made your appearance into the world yet.

We love you.

Your Mom


30 weeks


How far along: 30 weeks

Baby fun facts: So this week we went for another check up and he was weighing 1860g and he was facing down which the Doc seemed happy about. I just cannot get over our lil guys chubby cheeks, too funny and cute! Hi brain is getting wrinklier - to make way for all his essential brain tissue.
 
Pregnancy weight gain: Not weighing myself. My belly has definitely made its way into a few conversations and well some are not so pleasant. Hearing my grandfather joke and call me fatty all the time has gone from being funny to just plain depressing at times. When people ask if I am having twins I sometimes feel like I want to high five them in the face.

Sleep:  I have never been a great sleeper but I struggle more now than ever. I can't lay on one side too long as I get pins and needles due to the fact that baby is laying on a nerve. For obvious reasons I may not lay on my back and well you try laying on your stomach with a water melon attached and then we shall compare notes LOL

Food cravings:  Not this week.

Food aversions: No.

Gender: Boy!

Highlight of the week: Hearing my great grandfather say he cannot wait to see this baby. I pray every day that the Lord spares him until our Lil guy arrives!
 
Movement: His movements feel a lot different these days. I can't seem to tell if he is just moving around or actually kicking. When he does move, the movements are quite intense but I get days where he hardly moves and my gynae told me to relax, maybe he is just chilling.

What am I looking forward to: The next few weeks to fly by so I can just hold my Lil guy tight and love him.

What I miss the most: This week, that would be Sushi.

Worried about: Nothing really.

Most excited about: Getting my baby shower and maternity shoot pictures.

Making use of: Palmers Butter,Vitamin C, Preg O mega Plus Vitamins. 

                                                                Grateful for: Wayne!