Monday, May 05, 2014

The Lil Loxton Bump ~ Week 29

Dear Baby Loxton,

So much to say and do and I feel as though I am running out of time as these weeks just fly by!

I have been pretty sick with flu this week. It seems mommy's immune system is taking a knock or perhaps it is just the change in season as winter has arrived, well I think the weather is confused to be honest as one day it is raining cats and dogs and the next the sun is out!

The rain was really bad this week though and daddy had a tiny car accident but don't worry your little self because he is okay, the car is a little eina but that is getting fixed.

We  had our maternity shoot over the weekend. We had to reschedule it to the Sunday due to the rain.Even though I felt like a whale prancing around Kirstenbosch forest having pictures taken I kept reminding myself all these changes that have happened to my body are so worth it because YOU are growing inside of me and I can't wait to have you in my arms! Your life is far greater than the few kg's I have gained.

Two parcels arrived this week as well. One from the UK, your grandmother ordered more clothing for you online..these onesies and high tops are too cute for words! The most important parcel was one "From China with Love" ~ Your Aunty Catherine, Uncle Justin and baby Eli sent you such beautiful clothing..I can't wait to dress you in them and send them pictures!

Aunty Catherine included some pregnancy goodies for mommy in the parcel too as I cannot get them here in SA and I am ever so grateful to her for these items - she is such a life saver!

Love you little guy.

Your Mom

29 Weeks ( Still half asleep in this picture)

How far along: 29 weeks

Baby fun facts: Roughly the size of an acorn squash ( feels more like a watermelon to be honest). At week 29 some websites claim that he will triple in weight before he is born. I sure hope not as he is above average at the moment! Can you imagine we would be looking at nothing less than a 5kg baby! Like they say websites are just estimations and all babies develop differently.
 
Pregnancy weight gain: As I stated in my week 27 post I will not be weighing myself. Seeing the scale climb weekly is depressing. I will let you know what I gain in total once baby has been born.

Sleep: None what so ever this week. I nearly feel asleep at my desk a few times.

Food cravings:  Anything spicy. Samoosa's were on my mind practically every day this week.

Food aversions: No but still not really eating much salad.

Gender: Boy!

Highlight of the week: Maternity photo shoot. Well I was excited until the day that is, I felt rather huge...oh well!
 
Movement: Intense movement from our little guy this week. It is clearly becoming cramped in there.

What am I looking forward to: The birth of our baby boy. Okay please don't get me wrong, I am not looking forward to any of the pain I am going to experience but I just want him here already. Every night after work I walk into his nursery and potter about in there all the while thinking about how it is going to be when he is here.

What I miss the most: GYM, GYM, GYM and feeling fit and toned!

Worried about: Nothing!

Most excited about: Putting the last goodies up in the Nursery. Holding thumbs they arrive soon! My brother arrives home next week ~ teaching in Thailand wasn't for him and boy am I sure happy about that! I missed him!

Making use of: Palmers Butter,Vitamin C, Preg O mega Plus Vitamins. 

Grateful for: What is there to not be grateful for! When there is nothing, God provides - you just have to believe. This little baby has been such a blessing. He has brought this family closer and I am so grateful for that!