Monday, April 07, 2014

The Lil Loxton Bump ~ Week 25

Dear Baby Loxton,

This week was tiring. Good but tiring! We were so busy.

  • Monday evening after work we visited your Great gramps. He was full of smiles to see my growing belly!
  • After visiting your great gramps we baked some Red Velvet Cupcakes - Yummy!
  • Tuesday morning we went to the Dentist, you did not like this experience one bit I assume from the amount of times you kicked me while I was sitting on the chair.
  • Tuesday evening your dad and I attended our first Ante natal class. It was fun and we got to see a lot of other mommy and daddies also as excited as we are. We aced the "How well do you know your pregnancy test", your daddy and I make a good team.
  • Wednesday your gramps went in for his operation. The Doc was impressed with the operation and said it was a success. Gramps seemed to be fine when we went to visit at the hospital. He was making his usual jokes and smiling.
  • Wednesday was also your Aunt Tatum's 30th birthday. We have been best friends since High School and she cannot wait to meet you.
  • Saturday afternoon we had my cousin Catherine's surprise 30th cake and tea and boy did we eat A LOT of cake...delish!
  • Saturday evening mommy had a girls dinner and Bombay Bicycle Club. It was so lovely to see all the girls and the food was devine!
  • Sunday afternoon your gran and I spent 3 hours doing my baby shower gift registry....my feet were killing me after that
  • Sunday evening we went to visit Uncle Martin and Aunty Monique for a potjie. It was so delicious but I only managed to fit in one helping as you are taking up a lot of room these days.It was so nice to see them and little McKenzie couldn't stop rubbing my tummy asking you to wake up...but you were not budging.
That week sounds like a mouthful don't you think?!

Hope you are all comfy in my tummy little one.

Love you to the moon and back.



Your Mom





25 Weeks


This week I have noticed a faint line running down my belly, it starts about an inch below my bust line and carries on all the way down to my belly button, which is still very much an innie not an outie. The line then starts again under my belly button. Is this the start of my Linea Nigra? Well to be honest I hope it stays this light and doesn't get any darker.

Something else that comes to mind this week...I cough, therefore I pee...I have always heard women say, "Wait until you cough and wet your pants"...I was like Oh please....and then it happened to me. Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

How far along: 25 weeks

Baby fun facts: Roughly 35cm from head to heel. This week the structures of baby's spine is forming...33 rings...150 joints and 1000 ligaments - massive task for such a tiny boy but dynamite comes in Little Loxton packages! Blood vessels also form in his lungs this week and he has enough control over his hands to make tiny little fists. Aaawww I cannot wait for him to wrap his tiny fist around my finger.

Pregnancy weight gain: I managed to lose 100g....someone give this girl a medal please.Whoop Whoop!

Sleep: Not too bad.

Food cravings: Sweet and savory tooth this week. Sour worms and Samosas...Quiche anyone? I still wouldn't call these cravings though as I don't have to have those items, I won't die if I don't.

Food aversions: Nothing besides those salads.

Gender: Boy!

Highlight of the week: Hearing that my dad's operation was a success.

Movement: Baby is such a mover and shaker!

What am I looking forward to: Our gynae appointment next week, hopefully we get to see you and then the 4D scan later this month.

What I miss the most: Ohhh I dream of days where I can put on a Bikini and see "me" in the mirror and not this current Hippo that stares back at me on a daily basis.

Worried about: Dad's op was a success so one less thing to worry about. Other than that, I am just worried about the usual things. My grandfathers cancer count has increased, this breaks my heart but every extra day I have him in my life is a blessing from above. Thank you Jesus!

Most excited about: This nursery! I have this vision in my head of the finished product. I hope it will look as great as I imagine it to look.


Making use of: Happy Event, Palmers Butter,Vitamin C, Preg O mega Plus Vitamins.


Grateful for: My mom. She has become my best friend over the last few months. What would I do without her! She is the glue that holds my family together - what would we ALL do without her. My mom really is Super woman.