Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Antenatal Classes ~ Mediclinic

Mediclinic Antenatal Classes


Antenatal classes help prepare you for labour, birth and parenthood.

Being first time parents, Wayne and I decided to partake in Antenatal classes at the Hospital where we will be having Baby Loxton. Lately I feel like I live at this place but I am so grateful for everything I have learnt up until now from the Midwives that work there.

I am a firm believer that when it comes to your baby no-one is going to be able to prepare you 100% as every child is different but attending these classes are just giving us the peace of mind that we have done everything in our ability to best prepare ourselves for his arrival.

I certainly don't claim to "know it all" and I am sure that even after these classes I may get it wrong but I will follow my heart and also my "motherly instinct" once he is born and do what I think is best for my little boy using the knowledge I have gained from them.

Some of the topics we have covered and will still be covering in the weeks to come:

How well do you know your pregnancy
Birth Plan
Natural Delivery
Caesarean Section
Pain Relief Options
Breastfeeding
Baby Care
Immunisation
CPR for Infants

Happy Reading as I update this page as we go along on our six week Antenatal class journey.