Monday, April 21, 2014

3rd Trimester. The countdown is ON!



HELLLLOOOOO THIRD TRIMESTER YOU SEXY THANG!

You arrived just as if you were sent with the winter weather ( I promise that is not a complaint) - My over heating body and sore feet welcome you both with open arms!

Never in a million years did I ever think I would be THIS excited to reach this point in my pregnancy.

I feel as though I have accomplished so much and come so far...yet at the same time I feel as though I have so far still to go before I hold my little boy in my arms and get to stare into his beautiful eyes ( I am holding thumbs that they are as blue as his Daddy's eyes)

It really does seem like just the other day that we found out we were pregnant and time really has stood still for no-one. These first two trimesters have gone by quicker than I could say " We're having a baby" and my body has changed at the exact same rapid rate!

I have so many people telling me that "Oh you will see, this is when you grow the most in your pregnancy". Um, how is it even possible that I grow more than I have already! Where is this baby going to fit?!

Look, as much as I am not one to be entirely honest about how I am really feeling on some days (unless you are really close to me, then I don't hold back LOL),I really can't complain - this pregnancy has been rather easy I think and a few times I have had to remind myself that I wasn't just getting "bigger" or "fatter" which ever word you feel more appropriate, but I am in actual fact housing a little human in my tummy.

Although my "bigger" days are behind me and my "huge" days are fast approaching now that my stomach gets in the way when I try shaving my legs or try put on my shoes and I feel the aching reminders through out the day when my pubic bone feels like it is about to crack or my coccyx might snap...I still giggle when he kicks because I know my baby boy is not far away from gracing us with his presence and I am reminded of all the joy and unconditional love that is going to follow after that day!

There are other pregnancy ailments that I shall spare you from and rather not share them as nobody should talk about such things on a blog. Ever! Once again with all of the above being said I am definitely one of the lucky pregnant one's. I know some ladies have it WAY worse and even with all my aches, pains and discomforts, I still maintain I have little to complain about. I love being pregnant and what is a little ache and pain when this is such a massive blessing to be able to have children. Think of the many out there who are not able to ever become a mother and then perhaps you will think twice about saying things like " I hate being pregnant"

So I raise my imaginary glass of red wine and toast all you pregnant ladies who have ever made it to your third trimester with a smile on your face. Here is to the next few weeks, I cannot tell you whether I will survive them but I am definitely going to try do them with a smile on my face (maybe not a spring in my step)