Thursday, March 26, 2015

Gone but never forgotten

Edward Albert Neville or as I am sure most of our family and friends know my grandfather as Beeba, a nickname I gave him many many years ago that stuck like glue, he wouldn’t even allow the people at his work to refer to him as Neville and dare one of us call him grandpa, he would tell you…my name is Beeba!

He was a grandfather for 31 years to 3 grandchildren and a Great grandfather for 7 months to 1 great-grandchild (my son Camden).

Always whistling and never without that naughty grin of his and of course that trade mark wink to all the ladies everywhere he went. Definitely the ladies man in our family.

I think I speak for all his grandchildren when I say besides bird watching, fishing and bowling the most important thing he taught us in life was how to love. He loved each member of our family unconditionally and that is something we will never forget. As I sat down to write this, it occurred to me that I can’t ever recall in the 31 years of my life, him speaking ill of anyone and that is something I aspire to.

Our family have so much to be grateful to him for. If he were here right now I would like to Thank him for his love of life that he so generously shared.  For his acceptance, gentleness, softness and strength.  For all the laughter, stories and great conversation.

He was by far the best Beeba any grandchild could ever dream of having and I sure miss arriving at his house and hearing him whistle and say, "wow there is my beautiful granddaughter."

I miss you terribly today and always...

We know you are in Heaven smiling down.

RIP old man.