Thursday, April 03, 2014

Project Nursery Phase # 2

We have so much still that needs to be done before our little guy arrives but I honestly think I am just stressing about nothing.

I have this vision of how I want the nursery to look but I need to keep reminding myself that it doesn't necessarily mean I am going to find every item I want or that we are going to afford things like the R15 000 cot or compactum I originally wanted. Ridiculous!

I was given a rocking chair by my dearest friend Tatum, she has had two little boys (one of which is my godson) and said she no longer needed it so I could have it. So sweet of her and a major bonus for us. I just simply sanded it down and repainted it white. Saved us roughly R1000 - thank you Tatum!

PS: I sat in the rocking chair I so badly wanted and the only thing good about it was the way it looked. I am so glad Tatum said we could have hers otherwise I might have wasted R1000 on an uncomfortable yet stylish rocking chair that my ever growing pregnant ass would possibly not fit into around the time I give birth lol - no brainer!




Took 3 coats to cover it nicely and then it was done.
We decided on the theme of the nursery in December when I found the Ellie duvet I wanted at Mr Price Home while I was on leave and when my friend Jen bought baby his first Ellie Fluffy toy in December. 

Obviously we weren't sure yet on baby's gender so we were toying with the colours, should we go pink, grey and white or should we go with aqua, grey and white? We decided to go with aqua, grey and white regardless of baby's gender as we felt that aqua could be used for a girl or a boy.

Thanks to Pinterest I got so many awesome ideas for baby's nursery. Wayne and I sat down together and decided on what we liked, what we didn't and where what would go in the nursery and then we got started on Phase # 1 

With Phase # 2 - Truth is I have been so busy at work and working late most nights so this phase we can thank Wayne and my mom for. They got started on painting the grey stripes on the one feature wall in the nursery and by the sounds of it, it was a mission but Wayne said he loved doing it and he is so chuffed with the finished product - I am too. THANKS my babe! THANKS mom!

I originally wanted wallpaper but my mom said we should paint the stripes. I was rather reluctant but it saved us roughly R2000. Good Idea mom!

Drawing the lines first and applying the masking tape
I was told the hardest part was drawing the lines and then sticking the masking tape down before he got painting. Apparently the walls are pretty skew and using a level didn't help much. Sticking down the masking tape and then realizing you need to re-do it as it is definitely skew was most frustrating, I can only imagine.

Lines drawn and masking tape applied

First coat of paint applied

My man so hard at work. Shoowee check those calve muscles...sorry I just find him so yummy ;)

Check those arms...ok, ok sorry I mean look how neatly he is working!

The BIG reveal to see whether the paint has run under the masking tape or not....Holding thumbs!

GOOD JOB! Excuse his "hat hair" :P

Last stretch to get the wall completed

Nearly there....
 
SO proud of my man's (and mom's) hard work - what a CHAMP!

And we are done! *excuse the washing on the line - blind*


Just an idea of the colour scheme * We will not be using the cushion as it is displayed here*

Major thanks to Tatum, Wayne and my mom ~ Love you guys!