Friday, April 15, 2016

Tarrin and the girls get ready for the big moment

I absolutely loved the fact that I was privileged enough to have my girlfriends from all over the world there to share my special day with me and to stand next to me as I say "I do". There were two special girls who were unable to travel so far to share in the day but they were there in spirit.

It was quite chaotic in the room with all 6 of us, the make-up artist and my mom all getting ready at the same time. The BIG moment came to put my beautiful Elizabeth Stockenstrom dress on and we couldn't get it to fit properly. I was so devastated and so stressed out! It took us forever to try get it to fit "sort of right", I wanted to cry. It was taking away from the photographer getting the before beauty shots in of all of us girls together but we made the best of a bad situation and decided to skip the beauty shots once we had the dress "sort of right" because we didn't want to run later than we had already. Jade had us working to a TIGHT schedule lol.

Regardless of all the chaos our photographer Inecke managed to take some beautiful photos of us girls in between helping with my dress. It isn't at every wedding that a bride can say her photographer had her arm down her dress and between her boobs. Up close and personal. She was so calm and she was such a big help during all the madness.

As we were walking out the door I remembered that I had not yet opened the gift Wayne had bought me or read the card he wrote. All the girls said I should leave it because what if it made me cry and me being me brushed it off and opened the card. I hadn't yet made it past the first two sentences in the card and I was chunking like a baby.

I had Leigh-ann to the rescue fanning and dabbing my face so my make-up wouldn't run or smudge. Thinking about it now I giggle to myself...it was by far the most beautiful card Wayne had ever written to me and I will cherish those words forever.