Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day

The day where couples express their love for one another. All around the world romantics traditionally exchange candy, flowers, gifts and perhaps reminisce about memories they have made together...well usually...

For most of my life I despised Valentine's day and used the excuse that Valentine's Day should be every day, simply just to cover up my hurt feelings, I guess simply because the guys I dated never bothered or it just so happened that I was perhaps single when Valentine's day came around.

The three years before I met Wayne I never really celebrated much and wasn't made to feel special at Christmas or my birthday by the so called guy I was seeing, but this year that all changed ~ Thank you Wayne :)

The morning of Valentine's Day: I was woken up to a beautiful card and Valentine's Day Coupon card...but that we shall keep to ourselves, after all not everything needs to be shared :P

V-Day Card
The afternoon of Valentine's Day: I was surprised at work with a surprise visit with hand delivered flowers and chocolates!

Flowers


The evening of Valentine's Day: I was taken to Rhebokskloof for a surprise picnic and outdoor movie night ~ it was so much fun to watch everyone all loved up and getting to spend an evening under the stars with the man of my dreams...THANK YOU again my babe! It was truly AH-mazing


Rheboksloof Valentine's Day Picnic

It didn't end there...on Saturday while at a braai with friends I was given yet another bunch of flowers followed by a massage voucher as a 'post' Valentine's Day gift to share with one of my best girl friends!

Way to make a girl feel special. I am not the type of girl who ever expects such treatment but boy did I sure feel special...it is amazing how your view of a certain day due to past circumstances can be changed in an instant when you have someone who loves and cares for you and is willing to show you exactly what you mean to them and how much they appreciate you.

I am still wearing that smile you left me with Wayne Loxton.

I love you...