Wednesday, February 26, 2014

9 Favourites for 9 Months

LADIES please take note: It has been rather up and down the first few months of my our pregnancy and I went through emotions and things I wouldn't wish on any human being but being pregnant is nothing short of amazing, I would do it all over again, yes even the nausea and vomiting. My second trimester has definitely been better than the first. IT DOES GET BETTER, maybe not sunshine and roses like it is for some pregnant ladies but hey we are ALL different.


I often sit back and think or even discuss it with my pregnant friend Cat - there is a tiny human growing in my/her belly - WOW...mind blowing to say the least...I finally get why anyone would call a baby a miracle.


Lil Loxton you are mommy and daddy's little miracle, God has truly blessed us and we love you SO much already! THANK YOU for changing mommies life for the better. One day I will get to tell you exactly how.


Today I thought I would share with you some of my favourite pregnancy essentials thus far.


  1. One of the first things I purchased was Bio-Oil. I can't say that I love the feel of oil all over my skin but it has made my skin feel soft and some what smoother. Here is hoping that it helps to keep the stretch marks to a minimum. I am so freaked out I get more stretch marks - being "big" for most of my life I managed to accumulate enough of those but I don't want them to get worse during my pregnancy.
  2. Easily one piece of maternity clothing I have worn the most! I have this top in 4 different colours.( LOL can you tell I like it?) They work well, I can wear them to work or as a casual top. They are so comfy as well. I bought them at Cherry Melon  - and they are currently having a sale - get on it!
  3. Aaahh the Baby Sense book - this was recommended to me by my cousin and a few other friends who have already had babies. While I have done most of my reading/research on the internet this book sure is informative. Just keep in mind EVERY baby is different and books are simply guidelines to help you cope.
  4. Pregne Creme is something I bought to use for those dreaded stretch marks, I use this in the morning so that my clothes do not get ruined by the Bio-Oil. Pregne Creme feels amazing and smells great. Let's hold thumbs that it works. I realise that if I am prone to stretch marks I am going to get them but like I have said many times before I am willing to try anything and everything to just keep them to a minimum.
  5. PregOmega Plus Vitamins. I was told to use these by my gynae. Hey I have never been one to say Vitamins make me feel so amazing and give me so much energy but these are doing their job and are loaded with all the right stuff that baby and I need.
  6. Woolies two pack t-shirt bra's...I have worn these pretty much since I had boobs big enough to put in a bra and well they have been working well so far. I just have a problem,my boobs are starting to get larger and I am struggling to find the size I need...frustrating to say the least. I have seen similar looking nursing bra's at Woolworths and I am hoping they have my size soon enough so I can buy them. A friend of mine has bought me some bra's in the UK and her sister is bringing them down for me this week. I am SO thankful to her...you actually have no idea how difficult it is to find a bra to fit, well a big bra that at least looks decent and that doesn't make you look like your boobs are muffining over hahaha, I mean why if you have big boobs should you be subjected to wearing something that not even my grandmother should be wearing.
  7. THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD...My Preggi Pillow. This thing has honestly been the BEST buy so far and has saved my life - NO LIES...ask Wayne he will even agree. Last night he tried to steal it from me. HAHAHA I share but this is one item I refuse to share.
  8. Pegasus nausea tabs, saved my life in the first trimester. My friend told me about these and I cannot thank her enough. Every time I felt slightly nauseous I popped a few of these and felt loads better.
  9. Pegasus sleep tabs. Another item that is top of my pregnancy list. I went from no sleep to sleep the first night I took these tabs!
There you have it, some of MY best buys.