Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Early bird catches the worm.....

My day started out nice and early with a 5am start. Hit the gym for an epic abs and cardio session!! So one week down on my intermittent fasting eating plan and going strong. I seem to feel a difference but when taking some more progress pictures this morning, I felt rather down but hey I won’t allow it to eat at me forever I am just gona keep on keeping on!!!




So back to my cardio workout this morning:

20 min Stepper


5 min warm up
Level 10
5 min
Level 12
1 min
Level 18
4 min
Level 12
1 min
Level 18
4 min
Level 12


Calories Burnt = 202
Heart rate = AVG 142

10 min Orbitrek


2 min warm up
Level 5
2 min
Level 10
2 min
Level 15
2 min
Level 10
2 min
Level 15


Calories Burnt = 100
Heart rate = AVG 145

I then went up stairs to the ab section to train abs for 15min with Shaun – he showed me the ropes today on a few abdominal exercises and shoooweee are my abs feeling tight as I sit here and type this!

We did 4 sets of 3 ab exercises and then I went to do a further 15 min or cardio – I am trying to aim at 1hr cardio every morning, if I train abs as well in the mornings then I will limit my cardio to 45min just due to the fact that I don’t have all the time in the world being a working class girl, I got to get my ass home and showered etc before 8am!

5 min Cycling


1 min warm up
Level 3
1 min stand up on bicycle
Level 20
1 min
Level 10
1 min stand up on bicycle
Level 20
1 min
Level 5


Calories Burnt = 47
Heart rate = AVG 131

10 min Stepper (stepped backwards for 5 min)


5 min
Level 10
5 min stepping backwards on the step machine
Level 10


Calories Burnt = 107
Heart Rate = AVG 139

I was “broken” after this cardio session but it felt great! So for the next 6 weeks I am trying to do morning cardio every morning (no less than 4 times per week) and then I have started on a new weight training program which I will follow for the next 6 weeks as well.

6 Week weight training program:

Monday:              Biceps and Triceps

Tuesday:              Legs

Wednesday:        Rest Day (Cardio in the morning)

Thursday:             Shoulders, Chest and traps

Friday:                  Back

Saturday:             Rest Day (Cardio in the morning)

Sunday:                Cardio, Calves and Abs

Ok so it is now 11:30am and it is time for me to have breakfast, yum yum cannot wait I am starving! Bring on my apple and cinnamon oats J

Until next time....

~ When I’m not hungry I eat. When I’m tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.