Monday, June 02, 2014

The Lil Loxton Bump ~ Week 33

Dear Baby Loxton,

33 weeks and that number keeps climbing really fast...I struggle to get my mind around it! This week we had the pleasure of seeing your chubby cheeks and tummy on a scan at another check up....jeez I am getting SO excited but just trying to calm myself down to a panic as you are not due to come for a while still and; well the Doc seems to think that even though you are "head down" and not breech, you are pretty cozy in there and there are no signs that we will be seeing you sooner than we should.

So at 33 weeks and 5 days you were weighing in at 2.580kg and if the doc maps it out correctly on her chart, she reckons you will be about 3.8 - 4kg at birth...so you are not yet classified as a "macrosomic" baby ~ shew! Mom is sure happy to hear this! You are growing a lot these days and I am surprised at the size of my belly. When I wake up in the morning it is definitely bigger than the night before. I swear the other night as I lay in bed I felt my belly grow as I lay there - bizarre!

I feel pretty great right about now, no major complaints besides the pubic bone pressure I am experiencing. My pinched nerve has disappeared and it was another good week.

We visited Aunty Luba for coffee this week and she gave you a gift ~ spoilt yet again Lil man! It was so nice to see her after such a long time and her two little girls are beautiful and they are growing up so fast - you will meet them one day soon!

Saturday your dad and I decided to have a potjie at our place and invite a few friends over to watch the rugby, eat, chill, drink and be merry. I do wish I could make it past 10 pm in the evenings though and not feel as though I am about to pass out when the clock strikes 10! Yawn!

I must just let you in on another little secret...your daddy is so amazing. He looks after me so well, massages my feet and back,runs the bath for me, helps me up off the bed if I am in too much pain and I struggle - he really is going to be such an amazing daddy. You are so blessed and you are not even born yet!

The only thing that has made mommy really sad this week is hearing the news that your Great Gramps' cancer count has increased. Still praying and asking God to allow him enough time on this earth so that he gets to meet you and hold you in his arms...this pretty much breaks my heart every time I think about it.

All my love

Your Mom




How far along: 33 weeks

Baby fun facts: He is keeping his eyes open while he is awake now...I am interested to see what colour those eyes are going to be! Our Lil man is weighing 2.580 kg already..what a Lil champ!
 
Pregnancy weight gain: Not sure but probably close on 18 kg by now.

Sleep:  Better, strange but true. Just the pubic bone discomfort waking me up often in the evenings.


Food cravings:  Nope. Feeling very full lately but this still hasn't stopped me from eating.


Food aversions: No.


Gender: A boy


Highlight of the week: The potjie and good laughs with my dear friends, sure needed the laughs after my stressful week.
 
Movement: Loads and loads right now but this makes me happy as that makes me think you are happy and healthy in there...maybe squashed but happy.
 
What am I looking forward to: Going on maternity leave.


What I miss the most: Same, same - feeling my normal self and being thin!


Worried about: My gramps :'(


Most excited about: Meeting this baby boy of ours!

Making use of: Palmers Butter,Vitamin C, Preg O mega Plus Vitamins. 


 Grateful for: Having an easy pregnancy thus far. I know other women have it bad and I really cannot complain.