Monday, July 14, 2014

The Lil Loxton Bump ~ Week 39

Dear Baby Loxton,

WOW! 39 weeks, okay and a few days (7 days to go) and still going strong...you clearly are nothing like your mommy and daddy, who both arrived at 36 weeks.

You don't seem bothered to make your appearance any time soon my boy, this means you have a mind of your own...but...I think it is time you and I had a little mother and son talk...I have kept you rather comfy inside my tummy for 10 months and I really love you so much already but you are really starting to invade my personal space. You are definitely running out of space in there too.

I have started to work on getting you out but I need you to help me out a little here. Everyone wants to meet you and I am patiently waiting and hoping that you arrive safely on your own. We do have a timeline from the gynae that we have to stick to and if you go over that...well our Gynae will then take matters into her own hands to bring you into this world.

I am sorry in advance if that has to happen and she interrupts your plans Little man.

See you soon(ish)

Love you

Your Mom



39 Weeks
Will this be my last Bumpdate? Who knows! I think it is rather amusing and somewhat stressful when I get phone calls everyday from family members or family friends asking when he will arrive and why is he taking so long...how do I know? It has made me feel like I am failing at this pregnancy thing and wondering why some of the ladies that were due after me have already had their babies. I'm thankful for the friends who have simply messaged to say hi and asked how I am holding up with all the pain I am in.

I have been anxiously awaiting his arrival. I think my Gynae is partially to blame for this as she moved his due date earlier to the 16th of July due to his measurements (I have never in my life heard such nonsense before as babies all develop differently) and all along he has been due on the 21st of July....I can't blame him for not being here yet as the 21st has not yet arrived.

This week so far, I have had sleepless nights, besides the pain,his sudden lack of movement, being too afraid to move as I might develop more stretch marks,  I have laid awake thinking about his arrival and it is killing me. I am exhausted and some what emotional to say the least. My mind is all over the show and filled with 1001 things that people are telling me to do. I feel so lost at the moment with all the advice. I know everyone means well but I need to learn to switch off or take in the information but not let it affect me. Right now I am so confused and horrified at some of the stories...I feel somewhat freaked out!

A friend told me yesterday to just forget about what the people say, do what you want or what is best for you, everyone is different and no-one knows the pain you are going through.Whether you have natural birth and induced labour or c-section, whether you breastfeed or don't...it doesn't make you more of a hero if you do one or the other. You do not bond more with your child because he came out of your vagina or got cut out of you...the most important thing is that he arrives safely.

So...at 39 weeks and a few days I have also developed a few stretch marks, they are not massive YET and they are not that bad YET but...I have no words. I was hoping I was going to manage carrying to 40 weeks and not have one...yet I was only able to make it to 39 weeks and a few days and then BAM the stretch marks appeared...and I am not going to sugar coat it ~ I am bleak about it! Feel like my entire smooth sailing pregnancy has been turned upside down but I need to remind myself that this baby I am carrying is a blessing from above and the stretch marks are something I am going to have to learn to live with.


How far along: 39 weeks

Baby fun facts: Baby keeps growing despite being so crowded in there. He is about the size of a watermelon they say.
 
Pregnancy weight gain: Don't know. Don't care.

Sleep:  Hardly any.


Food cravings:  No


Food aversions: None


Gender: Baby Boy


Highlight of the week: None yet but if my baby boy decides to arrive - that would of course be the highlight.
 
Movement: His movement has almost come to a stop this week. I was rather worried at one stage. I was going to make Wayne take me to the Maternity ward as I did not feel him move for an entire day! Before going to the hospital Wayne brought me a glass of ice water and made me lay on my left side. After 10 minutes...still nothing...Inside I wanted to cry but I just held it together...but as soon as I felt fear and panic set in, he got hiccups...I just breathed a sigh of relief and thanked God that he was still with us.
 
What am I looking forward to: Holding my baby boy in my arms and all this pain disappearing.


What I miss the most: Sleep without pain.


Worried about: This labour and Delivery. THE UNKNOWN

Most excited about: Meeting my Little Guy finally

Making use of: Palmers Butter,Vitamin C, Preg O mega Plus Vitamins. 

 Grateful for: My baby Daddy, he is constantly by my side with everything I do and him being my pillar of strength. I love him unconditionally.