Monday, July 07, 2014

The Lil Loxton Bump ~ Week 38

Dear Baby Loxton,

KEEP CALM ~ 14 more days to go until D-Day, 21st of July 2014,according to me...will you come early or not...that is STILL the question on my mind?! Tick-tock, tick-tock!

We saw the Gynae this week and I was hoping that things would have progressed since we last saw her three weeks ago but much to my disappointment, nothing much had changed. She has said all along that according to your measurements you are 40 weeks next week Wednesday and I guess I was hoping that she was correct but after the check up, she didn't seem to think you would be arriving next week or any time soon. I felt extremely down after the appointment but after your dad and I had a chat, I felt much better about everything and what must be will be and we agreed that we will only make our decision regarding what step to take after your due date comes and goes. If you don't arrive on your own - we have two weeks after your due date to decide what we want to do, induction or c-section. You bake for as long as you wish my Lil boy.

Despite my increased heartburn (and sometimes lil vomit that I have in my mouth if I bend over)- will you be born looking like Chewbacca?! The constant peeing,the increased grunting and sighing when I bend over to try put on my shoes,the period like pain, back ache and severe pubic bone pain and all the water I am retaining at the moment...I have honestly enjoyed being pregnant with you and I think a big part of me is going to miss it.

I am so thankful for the easy pregnancy I have had up until now and I know there are a few ladies probably reading this thinking..."oh shut up" but honestly, it is true...I have enjoyed almost every minute of it. I have been told by many that the last month is the worst - truth is, yes it hasn't been sunshine and roses for me the last two weeks but I am not on bed rest like some pregnant woman and I know I could have had it a lot worse.

I have loved feeling you move, even though it has started to get painful at times. Once I got over the first trimester it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. This birth is still making me nervous as hell but like I have said previously, I think it is the unknown that is scaring me but I have truly enjoyed the last few months of being pregnant.

Your daddy and I honestly cannot wait to meet you...you may come now if you like!

Love you to the moon and back baby boy.

Your Mom


38 Weeks
How far along: 38 weeks

Baby fun facts: Weighing 3.5kg and no sign of him coming yet! He may have about an inch of hair already and he is slowly shedding the vernix on his skin...you will however still see some at birth.
 
Pregnancy weight gain: Haven't weighed myself this week.

Sleep:  Not much at all. Sleepless nights are something I am getting used to. I am not complaining as it is preparing me for what is about to come.


Food cravings:  No


Food aversions: None


Gender: Precious Baby Boy


Highlight of the week: No real highlight this week. I am currently on maternity leave so I have just had time to myself for some R & R.
 
Movement: Some painful jabs here and there but he really isn't moving as much as some babies do.
 
What am I looking forward to: Our Lil guy arriving!


What I miss the most: Sleep


Worried about: Labour and Delivery. THE UNKNOWN

Most excited about: Baby Loxton's arrival!

Making use of: Palmers Butter,Vitamin C, Preg O mega Plus Vitamins. 

 Grateful for: TOO MUCH TO MENTION!