Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Not everything goes according to plan...

SO this is it...

Not as we had planned...

But it is now in God's hands...

Today Wayne and I headed to the Gynae for our 40 week check up (according to her, according to me 39 weeks and 3 days, but who is counting)

We went with the hope that there would be some change in his position, that he had engaged and there were signs that I would go into labour...so basically, we were hoping for some good news.

Turns out that, that wasn't the plan for today unfortunately.

Doctor did the exam and there was no change, no signs of me going into labour, he was no where near engaged, my blood pressure had shot through the roof and our poor little guy has no more amniotic fluid around him.

She said that she always acts in the interest of the baby and of course me but she does not want to put the baby at risk and definitely not put me at risk due to my blood pressure, however this is still our choice.

Total bag of mixed emotions but tomorrow (she wanted to book me in this afternoon - NO WAYS) I am booked in for a c-section to make sure this little boy has a safe arrival into our world. I have been instructed to head to hospital if I feel any form of ill due to my blood pressure as then this turns into an emergency c-section, lets pray that this will not be the case!

Like I said, not as we had planned but it is now in God's hands and I am ok with that, anxious but ok.

This time tomorrow...our lives would have changed for the better...

Wayne and I will be parents and we are so excited to finally meet our Little Guy!