Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Failure is NOT FINAL...unless you give up!

I’ve been feeling a little frustrated with myself since my competition in June and going on a rather fast paced downward spiral and being the only person attending my self-pity party. Being so out of control at times,not caring about what I eat or not being bothered if I skipped a day or two at the gym. I reached the point where I just wanted to give up, what’s the point I would tell myself.

So this motivation is to remind you that even if you have a set-back that does not mean you’ve failed. A setback can only catapult you into your comeback!

Failure is not final unless you give up!

There will always be set backs, obstacles and challenges in life. When it comes to fitness or being healthy, you will not always eat perfectly and work hard enough at the gym, hell you may even skip a few gym sessions to lay in your bed and watch series, but that doesn’t mean you’ve failed. You might gain a few kilograms and maybe lose a gram of muscle or two. You’ll have a binge night or weekend where you drink alcohol and eat enough junk to amount to your entire years’ worth of calorie quota, ok I am exaggerating a little but you get my drift!
 
But if you can still get up the next day or next week and say to yourself, “okay let’s try this again” then you have not failed. Like I said above, this can be applied to any aspect in your life. Maybe you didn’t get the job you were hoping for or maybe that relationship you were hoping would work out, didn’t…don’t give up. Keep working hard and eventually it will pay off. Failure only comes once you refuse to get back up, wipe the dirt off your knees and try again!

It ain’t over until the fat lady sings!