Thursday, April 30, 2015

How easily you can keep the romance alive ~ Date night.

Last weekend Wayne and I had our usual date night ~ by usual I mean, we try to have a date night at least every second weekend. We feel it is important and it is a few hours where we get to unwind, relax, escape the reality of being busy parents and enjoy each others company and also give each other our undivided attention.

The weekend that past the Stormers and The Blue Bulls were playing rugby.We tried to get tickets to watch the game at Newlands Stadium because Wayne is an avid Blue Bulls supporter while I support the Stormers being a Cape Town girl and all but we jumped on that bandwagon a little too late and all tickets were sold out. Boo-Hoo!!

So instead we first chose to go watch the new Avengers movie at the cinema in the V&A waterfront. Wayne is a big Marvel fan so this time around he got to choose the movie. I quite enjoyed it anyway to be honest.

I of course got to choose where to watch the rugby. The Waterfront was crazy busy so I suggested we head to Rick's Cafe in Park Road just off Kloof street in Gardens.

Rick's Cafe Americain is a Casablanca movie-themed restaurant housed in an Old Victorian styled building and has a real "homely" and relaxed vibe to it.

Source of image

We sat on the deck, otherwise known as the "Rooftop Bar" and ordered cocktails while we waited for the rugby to start.

Source of image

Source of image
Once the game had started we ordered our food (check out Rick's awesome menu here).Wayne had the Rick's cheese burger and I opted for the BMB burger.

Source of image
The food at Rick's never disappoints and the presentation is always top notch. I unfortunately always forget to take pictures when we go on date nights because I'm so absorbed in conversation with my soon to be husband or like on this date night, absorbed in the movie, conversation and then the rugby game while chowing down my amazing burger.

I managed to find some pictures on the Rick's Facebook page and I have shared those with you so you guys could see how amazing the BMB burger looks and also so my blog post doesn't look too bare with no pictures in it lol.

All in all it was another great date night. One to add to the books and keep the romance alive.

Great food, great company and a great game because the Stormers kicked ass!