Thursday, April 30, 2015

Challenge yourself!

After being sick (Wayne and I) for over two weeks and off gym for roughly three weeks, Wayne and I started a 12 week challenge to see who could lose the most weight or tone up the most within the 12 week period.

Wayne and I have completely different goals, but we are always up for a challenge. He doesn't really have much weight to lose he just has to get his bottom abs showing again (if only we all had those problems lol) whereas I actually have weight to lose. He wants a weekend away and I want a Fitbit watch if we reach our goals.

The last 9 months have been tough trying to lose all this baby weight. I am 18kg down and I still have a few more to go but I am struggling. With work deadlines, me being so sick and being off with Camden because he has been sick...gym has not been an option and I have been finding it difficult to fit it all in.

I was training at 1pm on my lunch break,we get an hour lunch break but I was taking two and working an hour later in the evening to make up for the extra hour.

It takes me:
  • 15minutes to drive to the gym,
  • then I need to get dressed,
  • do my gym routine which consists of cardio and weight training(1 hour - rushed),
  • shower,
  • get dressed (hair and make-up) and
  • drive back to work which is another 15minutes.

Insane if you ask me. I was feeling far more stressed after my work out than good due to the fact that I was having to rush and make sure I wasn't late.

I now do my fasted morning HIIT cardio on my bicycle at home before work:
  • I sprint on the bicycle for 30seconds and
  • then cycle at a steady pace for 1min30seconds and
  • I repeat this sequence until 30minutes are up.

Next week I will be adding in a 30 day squat circuit challenge which I found on popsugar.com because my backside needs some serious attention!





and I have decided to throw in an arm challenge as well to get rid of the bingo wings.




The beauty about all of this is that I can do it in the comfort of my own home before Camden wakes up in the morning or after he goes to sleep at night, no rush and I still get to burn those calories and put myself into a caloric deficit.