Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year


A pinch and a punch for the first of the month.

I cannot believe that last year this time I was pregnant and we were celebrating NYE with one of my best girlfriends Jenna and her other half Tommy at Charlie and Jenna's house ~ wow so much has changed in a year ~ mind blowing to say the least. I am a mom...I still struggle daily to wrap my mind around that but Wayne and I are so blessed to have our little boy in our lives.

This NYE we decided to celebrate as a family, in doors, having a braai - what better way to go into the NY, celebrating the past year with all its ups and downs, with the two most special people in my life. MY BOYS.

Probably a good thing we had decided to stay home as Camden wasn't feeling himself, those teeth I tell you. I was hoping for teeth for New Years just so I could have my boy back, he has not been himself the last week and it is so sad to see him this way and so frustrating that there is nothing much we can do.

Wayne lit the fire around 6pm while I fed Camden his last bottle. We sat in the braai room with daddy and watched him get the fire going. Camden went down just after 7pm and it was then that we cracked a bottle of champagne and toasted the year that was about to come to a close and boy what a great year it was. I honestly wouldn't change any of it.

When the braai was done Wayne dished up all the salads and meat and we ate together on the couch, the same couch where we sat on our first date night that we had at my place watching movies almost two years ago.This time around we ate and watched movies together just like that first night and waited for the clock to strike midnight.

It was by far the best NYE I have ever had!

HAPPY NEW YEARS to all ~ I wish everyone ENOUGH this 2015!