Thursday, December 31, 2015

New version of the old me

This morning I laced up my trainers for one last workout in 2015.


This year hasn't been the best year for fitness for me. I had all these hopes and dreams of being back to my pre-pregnancy weight but life happened and I missed that mark by a mile.

This year has been one of yo-yo weight, many moments of " I will start again on Monday" and one week of crazy training followed by 5 weeks of laying on our bed eating crap and feeling sorry for myself.

I can give you all the excuses under the sun and blame my fiance for not being the most motivational person on the face of this earth but why bother, many people who have a crappy year still manage to stay motivated and stay in shape, I didn't and YOU are your OWN motivation.

Do I feel gross about myself, yes. I feel gross about how I look and gross about my pure lack of motivation.It is like my motivation migrated for the winter and it never returned.I have found this very frustrating and I cannot understand it because, " I have been there, done that and got the T-shirt" waaaaayyyy more than once in my life. I used to be that FIT girl that other girls looked up to...it is depressing to say the least. I am now that fat girl looking to others for motivation.

I am angry with myself and I no longer want to be this girl and I refuse to let her back into my life or rent space in my head. She has been here for the last year and she has got to go!

2016 is going to be my year to...

Find this girl again and actually feel happy on the inside...



Leave negative thoughts and talk behind in 2015
Eat zero junk food
Get back in shape
Ditch fake friends
Spend time with people who make an effort to spend time with me
Make more of an effort to get to know people who want to get to know me instead of pushing them away
Have more patience
Be kind to myself and not expect Rome to be built in one day

Cheers to 2015

#2016imcomingforyou