Monday, June 01, 2015

Granny Sandra's Birthday celebrations at Schoongezicht


My gran, a Gem(ini) just like me celebrates her birthday on the 31st of May, only three days after me.

This year as a family we decided to try out the Schoongezicht buffet restaurant. It was such a great afternoon spent with everyone and I am so glad that my gran enjoyed herself. My grandfather was missed ( Bless his soul), my cousin and I were saying how he would have been like a kid at Christmas in the desert section at the restaurant.






I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside but I managed a few sneaky pics of part of the desert section and a pic of how messy Camden got - he really enjoyed all the food...but of course he takes after his mother and father, let's just say that he takes after my entire family.

Excuse the terribly phone quality pictures.




Everything that I tried was good but we were all in agreement that there was way too much variety and some of the meat dishes were very dry, there were no labels telling you what the different dishes were so you had to guess most of the time and the service wasn't all that great.

We are all happy that we tried the restaurant at least once and I was happy I got to try some chicken pie and strawberry mouse, those two dishes were the highlight of my buffet lunch.

Camden was also not feeling himself so we left fairly soon after we ate to get him home. Before we left we managed to catch some pictures of us as a family.








and as we say in South Africa...magies vol ogies toe...